Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Whats cooking?

Lots cooking these days.

I entered a new tune, Safe Harbour, into CBC's Searchlight competition and enjoyed about 15 days of fame. I made it to the regional top ten, which felt great! Here is the ITunes link to the new song.
I played a sold out St. Patrick's show at La Caravane, my favorite Townships Venue. Good times were had by all. I was Joined by Jesse Ens, a fantastic mandolin and banjo player. I have a feeling we will work together again.

Still trucking away on this new album, feeling very inspired.

I am very excited to announce a new project, celebrating the Maple industry in the Townships, called the Sugar Shack Sessions.  CBC Breakaway popped by one of the sugar shacks to see one of the videos being shot. You can listen to that interview here.
I will post the details next week, but the project involves local musicians and filmmakers shooting videos in Sugar Shacks in the area. It was cold, it was snowy, but we all got it done. We had a great time, and we look forward to showing you how things turned out. I will run a friendly competition next week to choose a viewers choice award for best video.

And I have a summer tour in the works. I have a starting date, and an ending date. All I am missing is about 20 gigs in between.
I will play a house concert here in my parents home with Craig Cardiff on July 19. Then, I will slowly make my way to Haida Gwaii to perform at the Edge of the World Festival August 9-11.
If you would like to host a house concert, or could recommend a venue along the way worth looking into, please drop me a line. I like non-traditional venues. No kitchen is too small, no barn is too big. I can rock out anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment