Thursday, November 1, 2012

Video Series

Well, opening for Ashley MacIsaac was a hoot! Great guy, very down to earth, and generous with his time. He insisted we play a song together. It was a privilege to share the stage with him. I sang Fare Thee Well, Love, as a tribute to the Rankin Family, and Ashley and his band mates really brought the song to life. It was hard to maintain my composure, because I almost always perform alone. To be joined by other players, especially world renowned ones, at the top of their game, was intimidating and inspiring.

Most memorable moment? I was just about to go on, and was obviously very nervous to play for my biggest audience yet.  Ashley, in an attempt to help me relax, shared a story with me. (he tells a lot of stories, all of which are very entertaining).  The first line of the story? "This one time, when I was opening for Johnny Cash..."
I love that he thought a story like that would make me feel better. Of course, I was so busy holy shitting the fact that I was about to open for someone that opened for Johnny Cash, that I missed most of the details..



I am very excited about the release of the Heritage Tour Video Series!
When I was putting the tour together, I thought it would be nice to do a video of a performance at each venue. I met with Damon Cox, of Instead Cinema in Stanstead. He is a filmmaker, and is associated with the Centre des Arts de Stanstead. He agreed it would be a worthwhile project to support the Arts in the Townships, and to promote our cultural institutions.

I chose a song that I felt would suit each venue. There is only one song from my album, Matthew Mccully and the Matter of Principle. The other four are new songs, that I hope you enjoy.
I am very proud of the work that was done.

The Piggery-King to a Sparrow, featuring Kate Morrison
Brome County Historical Society-The Fishes
Wales Home-The Fold
Uplands Museum-Ohio
Haskell Free Library-Weights and Pulleys

No comments:

Post a Comment